A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Cascade Valley Hospital opened in 1901 to serve the greater Arlington community. The hospital underwent a significant renovation and expansion in 2010 and is now licensed for 48 beds. Patients are served by highly trained clinical nursing teams and board-certified hospitalists. Cascade Valley Hospital provides a multidisciplinary approach, with clinical specialists and support services available to provide compassionate, comprehensive care to every patient. Cascade Valley Hospital provides acute care, critical care, general surgery, and a Level IV Emergency Department. The facility also offers a number of support services such as an in-house laboratory, rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, and more.
- Hospitalist team consists of 4 physicians and 2 APPs
- 7 on/7 off block schedule
- APPs work day shift only with 1 physician
- Work autonomously – primarily doing admissions and cross-coverage of the lesser acute patients
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WA; acute care experience preferred, but open to ACNPs and FNPs
Location & Lifestyle
Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle and sits on the Stillaguamish River in the western foothills of the Cascade Mountains. This is the perfect location if you are looking for somewhere quiet, but close to the city. There is a lot of adventuring to do in Arlington, including The Outback Kangaroo Farm. Other attractions include the Angel of the Winds Casino Resort & the Stillaguamish Valley Pioneer Museum plus easy access to all that Seattle and the Puget Sound area has to offer.