Nurse Practitioner – Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 225-bed, community, faith-based, not-for-profit hospital
- Established team of 21 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call; no procedures; no codes
- Closed ICU managed by Sound’s own critical care team
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Bon Secour’s Memorial Regional hospital is:
- Top Rated by US News & World Report (Bon Secours Health System)
- Hospital of Clinical Excellence rated among the top 50 Nationwide Hospitals by Healthgrades
- Magnet-designated for Nursing Excellence
- Beacon Award for Excellence
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Virginia; minimum of 1-year of inpatient NP experience required (ER, HM, or CC)
Location & Lifestyle
If you’re from Mechanicsville, you already know this wonderful location is one of our nation’s best-kept secrets! However, if you’re not from the area, here is some very exciting information for you. One of our many unique attractions is the James River which boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands which is amazing for river and riverfront activities such as kayaking, fishing, biking, walking, and jogging. Other Mechanicsville attractions include outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, fun breweries, wine bars, tons of eclectic shopping, and delicious, diverse, artistically designed restaurants.
Residing near Richmond is exciting! It’s home to top colleges and universities and also home to top-notch public and private schools. The city offers trendy lofts and modern condos overlooking the river, as well as, beautiful homes with historic design and thoughtfully planned out subdivisions. Also, close by are relaxing, acres upon acres of scenic farmland. One very much appreciated benefit of our city is that we do not have the traffic congestion of other metropolitan cities so getting around is, refreshingly stress-free! And if you wanted to get away for the weekend, Richmond is an easy drive to the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains, fun in the sun at multiple beaches, or loads to experience in Washington D.C, or the Carolinas. Come see for yourself and get ready for a great time!