Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Sound is Seeking a Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tucson, AZ
Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is one of only three accredited Chest Pain Centers in Southern Arizona and of only two Tucson hospitals certified as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute, has a comprehensive Women’s Care Program, and a nationally-certified Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
Our Sound Physicians team includes three service lines- emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine – all working together for additional collegiality and exceptional results including higher patient satisfaction!
- 486-bed community hospital with 44-bed Medical-Surgical ICU with a dedicated 12 bed Neuro CCU and Step Down Unit and 36 Neuro Med/Surg private rooms
- The hospitalist team consists of 19 physicians, 4 APPs, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Excellent sub-specialty backup
- No procedures
- Closed ICU; Sound critical care team provide excellent 24/7 ICU coverage
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Awards & Recognitions:
- Recognized for quality maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers for their proven expertise, high-quality care, and patient results as designated Maternity Centers in Southern Arizona
- Accredited by the Society for Cardiovascular Care as Chest Pain Centers
- The Carondelet Hospitals are nationally recognized for their commitment to high quality by the US World News for highly performing regional care in Heart Failure, and St. Joseph’s Hospital is recognized also for COPD
- The rehabilitation program has been recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for both its cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation programs. Additionally, The Inpatient Rehabilitation program at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is by CARF International, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
Requirements of Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
As an acute care nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within ACNP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Arizona and a minimum of one year of acute care experience as an ACNP
Location & Lifestyle
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is home to roughly 1 million people, the second-largest city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts. Our community may be the best-kept secret in the Southwest – join us!
- 360 days of annual sunshine with an average temperature of 83′ F
- Phenomenal Schools – Tucson has three high schools that were listed in the Top 50 High Schools in the USA by S. News & World Report
- Tucson is among the hottest housing markets for 2021. The average home cost is 21% less than the average home cost in Phoenix.
- Year-round recreational activities include rock climbing, snow-skiing, camping, hiking, and bicycling across the area’s 800+ miles of biking paths.
- Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums.
- Excellent culinary culture and scene – Tucson is the only U.S. city designated as a “City of Gastronomy” by UNESCO