Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Long Island Community Hospital is a 306 bed, acute-care, not-for-profit community hospital located in East Patchogue on Long Island, serving twenty-eight communities throughout Central Suffolk County and includes the main campus, two community multi-disciplinary health centers, and centers for hemodialysis program, home health, and hospice/bereavement services. The hospital is designated as a Level III Trauma Center and is in the process of opening a state-of-the-art cardiac care center, ensuring that residents and visitors will receive technologically advanced medical care in an emergent situation.
- Established team of 13 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Open ICU; Intensivists & pulmonologists handle critical care matters and RRT
- No procedures required
- Schedule: A block of 7 nights once per month, 7pm – 7am
- Open to BC/BE internal medicine physicians
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
East Patchogue is a hamlet in the town of Brookhaven, in Suffolk County, New York. With a population of roughly 21,000 residents, East Patchogue boasts picturesque beaches located on both its north and south shores and is conveniently located only 60 miles east of Manhattan and a short distance from the upscale beaches of the Hamptons. This family-friendly community is home to two excellent school districts, Patchogue Medford School District and South Country Central School District. The lifestyle typical of the area centers on village hubs, with a strong local community and neighborly small-town feel.