Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Skagit Valley Hospital opened in 1958 to serve the Skagit Valley community. The hospital expanded in 2007 and is now licensed for 137 beds. Skagit Valley Hospital provides a multidisciplinary approach, with clinical specialists and support services available to provide compassionate, comprehensive care to every patient. Skagit Valley Hospital features a full range of services including the latest surgery techniques; a Level III Emergency Department; a well-appointed Family Birth Center; diagnostics and an advanced heart and vascular institute that includes the only cardiac catheterization labs in the area.
- Established team with 17 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Open ICU – with full subspecialty backup – no procedures required
- 7 on/ 7 off schedule; nights only 7pm-7a; support from 1 MD Nocturnist
- Salary range: $140k-$150k, dependent upon experience
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within the NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WA; recent acute care experience as an AGACNP or FNP is preferred
Location & Lifestyle
Near both Seattle, WA, and Vancouver, B.C., this location offers the best of both worlds. Take a short drive to the city and enjoy professional football, baseball, and soccer or listen to live music, explore the local art community or sit down for a culinary delight. Just out your back door, you can hike, bike, climb, ski (both water and snow), whale watching, or go camping! The possibilities are truly endless.
The community is nestled close to museums, and state and national parks offering access to mountains, rivers, and lakes which provide a rich tapestry of experiences for all levels of ability and interests. Plenty of shopping in both Seattle and surrounding communities and just minutes from a thriving performing arts scene, including; ballet schools, community theatre groups, musical performances (i.e. symphony orchestra, opera…), and a stream of visiting professional performers. The area offers 25 parks with over 2,050 acres including playgrounds, trails, beaches, and lakes. Enjoy festivals with your family in any season. With access to Interstate 5 and the Washington State ferry system, one can head in any direction for a day, weekend, or longer of adventure.