Nocturnist Teaching Opportunity
Nocturnist Teaching Opportunity at Berkeley Medical Center in Martinsburg, West Virginia
Berkeley Medical Center (formerly City Hospital) located in Martinsburg, WV is a 260-bed facility that is part of WVU Medicine’s University Healthcare. They, along with two member facilities, are providing a unified healthcare delivery system that’s committed to improving the health status of its community by providing high-quality health and wellness services, expanding access to care, and participating in the education of healthcare professionals. Forbes lists WVU Health System among “America’s Best Large Employers and Becker’s has named WVU Health System as one of the 150 top places to work in healthcare and they also received a five-star rating from CMS based on their performance across five quality categories (2023).
- Closed ICU with pulmonary/critical care support
- No call environment
- Occasional code requirement
- Affiliated with WVU Medicine; Teaching is required – Hospitalist is responsible for medical students and PA students teaching; Family medicine residents have medicine rotation with them
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- J1 and H1B eligible facility; Access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Martinsburg is known as the “Gateway to the Shenandoah Valley” offering breathtaking views of West Virginia’s beautiful mountains and unlimited opportunities for outdoor recreational activities including hiking, camping, fishing, and water sports. Martinsburg is a growing community with a low cost of living that offers the serenity of a small town coupled with its close proximity to the large metropolitan cities of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.