Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline is the largest and foremost acute care medical center in South Texas, offering a full range of diagnostic and surgical services. The Shoreline campus is a premier facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center, and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Shoreline received the 2016 Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center BRONZE PLUS Recognition Award.
- Established team with 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Schedule – 12 Noon-Midnight, 7 on/7 off
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist on staff (rounding by pulm/CC staff only) and excellent sub-specialty backup
- Run codes on your own patients with ED for backup
- No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; 2 years of recent acute care APP hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Nicknamed the “Sparkling City by the Sea” Corpus Christi has much to offer, with a healthy blend of culture, nature, and entertainment sure to inspire all year round. Within close proximity to South Padre Island, you will surely enjoy the water sports and famous international destinations for kite-boarding or kite-surfing. Other island activities include bicycling, tennis, shelling, and horseback riding on the beach. The popular Laguna Madre Nature Trail for nature enthusiasts and bird-watchers is north of the city next to the convention center.
- Ranked by US News as one of the best places to live based on its affordable and laid-back lifestyle, the thriving economy, and low crime rates
- Texas A&M University’s Corpus Christi campus draws a younger demographic, as does the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi with its aviation program
- Corpus Christi is just a three-hour drive to Houston & Austin and two hours to San Antonio