Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP’s that are provided to our physician providers.
- 450 – bed hospital
- Established team with 26 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU
- ED runs codes
- 7 on/off, night shifts only; 7 PM – 7 AM
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas
- MUST be acute care trained or certified with a minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
Austin is the state capital of Texas, an inland city bordering the Hill Country region. Home to the University of Texas flagship campus, Austin is known for its eclectic live-music scene centered around country music, blues, and rock. Its many parks and lakes are popular for hiking, biking, swimming, and boating. South of the city, Formula One’s Circuit of the Americas raceway has hosted the United States Grand Prix. The secret is out. Everyone who visits Austin these days leaves with something great to say. They can’t stop talking about our legendary live music, burgeoning restaurant scene, and unique culture. And a list of other things that you just have to experience for yourself to truly understand what makes Austin so Austin. The rest of the country has already taken notice. And it’s time you did, too. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.