Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and advance our providers’ role who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP’s that are provided to our physician providers.
John Peter Smith Hospital – serving more than half a million patients a year – It is the area’s only Level I Trauma Center, with the largest family medicine program in the country. It is a 537-bed community hospital that is attached to a patient care pavilion–which is a five-story acute care facility, along with outpatient care and a dedicated facility for psychiatric services.
- Established hospitalist team with 30 physicians with 4 advanced practitioners and a clinical performance nurse
- No call and
- No procedures required
- Closed ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas
- ACNP or PA only
- ICU, ER, and progress care background required, minimum of 2 years experience as a hospitalist ACNP or PA, and experience in a level 1 trauma center with over 400 beds as an ACNP or PA
Location & Lifestyle
Enjoy an average of 245 days of sunshine and have access to dozen of city parks in and around Dallas/Fort Worth, more than 12 large lakes in driving distance, champion golf courses, and dozens of restaurants and shops. Also known for its arts scene the city offers concert venues, off-Broadway shows, museums, and galleries.