Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we support you in providing excellent care for you to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
- Established team with 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Tempe ST. Luke’s is a 74-bed acute care hospital
- Hospitalists are a part of the Rapid Response team and are responsible for running codes
- Open ICU Co-managed with procedural support available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Arizona
Location & Lifestyle
Tempe, Arizona is located in the center of the greater Phoenix metro area within 10 minutes of the Sky Harbor International airport and downtown Phoenix. Tempe is considered a young, fun town with many entertainment choices and great nightlife.
- Desert temperatures with highs in the low 100’s during summer months and lows in the 30s during winter months
- Affordable housing choices with below-average median home prices
- Excellent public school system and more than a dozen college choices including Arizona State University
- Music festivals, easy commutes, shopping galore, and water parks