Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina has been serving the community since 1917 and has since grown to 273 acute care beds offering a wide range of specialties and services. Services include a 24/7 emergency room, women’s center, behavioral health center, cardiovascular imaging, neurosurgery, and more! Aiken Regional Medical Centers is accredited by The Joint Commission and has received multiple awards, including the #1 most caring hospital in the region!
- The hospitalist team has 10 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 16-bed, open ICU
- Procedures required – lines and intubations
- 27 bed ED with 55,000 annual visits
- Hospitalists run codes on their own patients
- Daytime opportunity – 7 on/7 off, 7 PM to 7 AM; comprehensive benefits plan, competitive salary, productivity, and quality incentives available
- Recent acute care experience is required; new resident grads encouraged to apply
- Part-time options available
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Minutes from Augusta, GA, and an hour from Columbia, Aiken, South Carolina is a 4-time winner and named by Southern Living Magazine as the 2018 “South’s Best Small Town. With lush, idyllic mountains and beautiful sandy beaches less than three hours away, this is the perfect home for anyone. The old and new blend perfectly to provide a lifestyle that suits the most discriminating of tastes- affordable living, a mild climate for year-round outdoor activities. A beautiful, thriving downtown complemented by a busy retail mall; an exceptional business environment located in a small but globally cosmopolitan town; cozy cottages and single-family homes nestled among grand, historic estates; a contemporary, progressive college with a small town appeal; award-winning schools. Enjoy an active, modern lifestyle with an endless list of things to do that include equestrian sports, year-round recreational sports, the arts, hiking, fishing, and a host of other ventures. All entrenched in Southern Charm.