Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Swedish American Hospital is a 357-bed, non-profit, teaching hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois, and southern Wisconsin. As a division of the University of Wisconsin Health, Swedish offers patients local access to many world-class specialists. The hospital is also the largest regional cancer center and the only heart hospital in the region and has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care
- An established team of 22 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists will assist with codes on their own patients and be a part of rapid responses
- No call environment
- Open ICU; Admit into ICU but critical care consult required and they will do all procedures
- No procedures are required
- Flexible block shifts similar to 7 on / 7 off
- Open to internal medicine trained physicians or family medicine trained with strong hospitalist experience or coming from an unopposed residency
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Rockford, Illinois is located 90 miles NW of Chicago and has a population of just under 150,000. There is a small-town friendliness mixed with vibrancy from a richness of natural sites and intellectual institutions with diverse cultures and businesses. Rockford offers an excellent place to live, work, and play. Rockford has fantastic schools, a local symphony, community theatre, and a university.