Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Winchester Medical Center is a 445-bed non-profit hospital affiliated with Valley Health, a regional nonprofit organization supporting six hospitals allowing each facility partnership opportunities and access to resources otherwise unavailable to small rural hospitals. The hospital is a Level 2 trauma center and offers a broad spectrum of services including surgical, medical, and rehabilitative care including bariatrics, behavioral health, and cancer services.
- An established team of 20 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Hospitalist team is not responsible for codes
- Closed ICU with 24/7 intensivist support; No procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7 am – 7 pm
- J1 eligible facility; Access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the northwestern corner of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Winchester, Virginia is home to 26,203 residents. The community of Winchester is nestled in the Shenandoah Valley, located between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Allegheny Mountains. With easy access to Washington D.C. located only 75 miles west, Winchester boasts a historic downtown center with must-see sites such as John Handley High School, Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters Museum, and the Adam Kurtz House. Winchester is famously known for its annual Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival held the first weekend of May since 1924 which includes a carnival, parades, several parties, and a coronation where the Apple Blossom Queen is crowned. In fact, the town is known as the “apple capital of the world!” With warm summers and mild to cold winters, residents enjoy the benefits of small-town living with convenient access to a metropolitan city within minutes.