Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Sutter Amador Hospital’s rich history of providing care for residents of Amador County dates back as far as 1876. Today, the community-based, not-for-profit Sutter Amador Hospital has 52 licensed beds and is the only hospital in Amador County, serving a population of more than 40,000. Sutter Health strives to be an industry innovator by integrating physical and mental health to ensure the care of the whole person. Sutter Amador is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. As a Sutter Health affiliate, the hospital has access to shared clinical resources and expertise, with more than 3,400 doctors and 25 hospitals throughout Northern California.
- 52-bed community based, not for profit hospital
- Experienced 6 physician team that has won awards at the national level for being one of the best in quality and teamwork
- No procedures required, but should be comfortable with vent management; E-ICU coverage at night
- H1B’s accepted; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts with all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Internal medicine board certified or board eligible only
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Jackson, California in Amador County 45 miles southeast of downtown Sacramento in the part of California known as the Mother Lode, or Gold Country. At 2,000 feet elevation, this area is above the Central Valley heat in the summer. In the winter, it is below the snow line and above the Central Valley fog line ensuring over 328 days of beautiful sunshine and a mild climate year-round! Nestled within the rolling hills of the Sierra Nevada Foothills in Amador County, the area has a rich history of days gone by. Local wineries, Ranches, Antique shops in addition to Outdoor Activities – camping, fishing, picnicking, ATV riding, backpacking, hiking, lake kayaking, horseback riding, whitewater kayaking, birding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, rock climbing, etc. have helped Jackson CA successfully blended the old and the new. Experience the serenity and friendliness of small-town charm while enjoying the wide-open spaces. Water bodies in the county include Lake Amador, Lake Camanche, Pardee Reservoir, Bear River Reservoir, Silver Lake, Sutter Creek, Cosumnes River, Mokelumne River, and Tabeaud Lake. To cap it all, the Jewel of the Sierras, Lake Tahoe is only one hour away! Exceptional new development housing in Jackson, Sunny Brook, Sutter Creek, Rancho Murieta, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Placerville, and other nearby and affordable living in the area make this an excellent place to practice!