Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- 526-bed, non-profit, acute care hospital
- Level II Trauma Center, Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, and the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Louis County.
- Team of 27 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- Closed ICU with 24/7 intensivist support on staff; No procedures required
- No codes; No call environment
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Requirements: IM/FM board eligible/certified ACLS and BLS
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
The metropolitan city of St. Louis offers a low cost of living, named the “20-minute city” for little traffic and easy commutes. The “must-see” in this city is the 630 ft. Gateway Arch, built in the 1960s honoring westward expansion. For sports fans, the city is home to the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, MLB Cardinals, and the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. St. Louis offers easy access to international travel at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. There are many hip and desirable neighborhoods including Central West End and Richmond Heights which are close to downtown, universities, restaurants, outdoor excursions, and rural countryside drives. St Louis is also home to USA Today’s #1 City Park, Forest Park, located right in the middle of town!
- Great schools including public, private, and parochial
- Some of the nation’s best universities including Washington University, St. Louis University, University of Missouri
- Cardinals baseball at Busch Stadium, cricket, soccer, football, cycling, and pro hockey