Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
WVU Thomas Hospital is a respected not-for-profit hospital that has served the community of South Charleston since December 1946. As a part of the Thomas Health System, WVU Thomas Hospital is a partner of St. Francis Hospital located in Charleston, fully accredited by The Joint Commission, and was voted one of the 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in America.
- 266-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- Established team of 15 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Hospitalist run codes, but very few
- Closed ICU; no procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- J1 and H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Several suburban communities surround the city of Charleston, including the upscale community of South Charleston, which is home to just over 13,000 residents. South Charleston offers both new and historic housing options with excellent public and private school systems. Cultural and recreational activities include the Sunrise Museum, WV Symphony, the State Capital Cultural Center, and the Clay Center for Performing Arts. With an easy drive to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Washington, DC, and Charlotte there is so much to see!