National Medical Director, Hospital Medicine – Travel Team
National Traveling Medical Director – Executive Team
Would you like an employer to move with you while retaining your vesting and benefits? In the last three years, Sound has supported the transition of over 150 clinicians across state lines while orchestrating a smooth transition and providing relocation allowances. As an employed traveling medical director (Ambassador), you have the option to live in any city you like and travel within that region to multiple hospital programs. We have medical director ambassador opportunities across the country!
What does it take to be a Sound Ambassador Medical Director?
The National Ambassador Medical Director is the linchpin connecting Sound Physicians, our onsite hospitalist and/or other service line clinical teams, our local Hospital partner, and the community being served. S/He will provide administrative support for the value of managerial and leadership skills s/he will be personally and professionally guided by Sound Physician’s values. The National Ambassador will travel every week on a Monday-Thursday schedule working 100% administratively and providing high-level leadership to our partner hospitals. The National Ambassador will report directly to the CEO of hospital medicine.
- Excellent reputation as a clinician with strong diagnostic and a calm and rational approach to problem-solving
- Exhibits Sound’s core values of service, teamwork, integrity, quality, and innovation
- Highly adaptable to different work environments including varying program sizes and levels of sophistication
- Prior medical director experience preferred or 5+ years of hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
Join a Collegial Practice Where you will thrive
When you join Sound, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of health care in the communities we serve. You will feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement. Are you ready to reach your greatest human potential? Click the apply button to inquire about this role.
- Practice in a variety of hospital and geographic settings with the necessary support & infrastructure to create a sustainable practice environment
- Deliver quality care with collegial local teams that serve the community & each other
- Utilize our sophisticated, web-based software application that facilitates communications and supports managing patient care
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care. Sound Ambassadors will be paid above market compensation in consideration for their adaptability to working in various locations across a region.
- Paid expenses for travel and housing
- Professional assistance with medical licenses and hospital privileging
- Compensation range of $410k – $435k