Medical Director of Advisory Services – Fort Worth, TX
To our prospective physician advisory teammates,
I am the associate chief medical officer who supports Sound’s physician advisory program at John Peter Smith Hospital (JPS) in Fort Worth, Texas. I’ve been with Sound Physicians for five years and take pride in the medical director of advisory services program we’ve developed across the country. We invite physicians interested in this field, or those considering a career change, to explore what Sound and JPS have to offer. As you contemplate your options, allow me to provide insights into our people, practice, and purpose:
- Our advisory team includes 23 Sound-employed onsite physician advisors spread across the nation, working directly within various hospitals, and an additional 39 onsite physician advisors employed directly by the hospitals we support.
- Our network includes Sound physician leaders collaborating to enhance hospital services through the role of the medical director of advisory services in our partner hospitals.
- Our onsite physician advisors are spread across states, including Arizona, California, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, and West Virginia.
- We lead efforts in utilization management (UM), compliance, and clinical documentation improvement (CDI) in our partner hospitals.
- We work closely with hospital administrations to identify and address performance improvement opportunities, such as length of stay, readmissions, enhanced documentation, and regulatory compliance.
- You’ll be based at and employed by JPS, a renowned Level 1 trauma center, home to the largest family medicine program in the country. Serving the community for over a century, JPS Health Network manages over 1 million patient encounters with its 582-bed Community Hospital.
- As visible physician leaders, we advocate for improved regulatory compliance, documentation, and better utilization of hospital resources.
- We provide support to address and reduce payer denials.
- Collaboration with case management, clinical documentation improvement, regulatory, and revenue cycle leadership helps us identify and develop action plans for performance improvement opportunities.
- We provide one-on-one and group education to the medical staff.
- Timely and effective consultation is provided to case management, coding and documentation specialists, physicians, and other hospital staff, including concurrent assessments with documented determinations and observations.
- We stay connected through monthly advisory team meetings (virtual), fostering ongoing education.
- Our schedule typically runs Monday to Friday without evening calls or weekends.
- Our primary focus is always putting patients first.
- We are a community-minded team, encouraging team members to contribute both within and outside the hospital to help our local community thrive.
If you’re considering a move to the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) metro area, you can enjoy the cultural diversity, vibrant downtown, and a variety of entertainment options. DFW International Airport’s proximity provides easy access to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and other nearby destinations.
To inquire further, please reach out to my recruiting partner, Cindy Mitchum, who will facilitate a connection with me.
CMO, Sound Advisory Services