Medical Director of Advisory Services
A Highly Visible Role in the Hospital
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team’s support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP – Critical Care, emergency medicine, or hospital medicine experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.
Location and Lifestyle
St. Michael Medical Center is part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health System, the Pacific Northwest’s leading health care organization providing high-quality care to patients in the Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula communities. St. Michael Medical Center provides cutting-edge technology and comprehensive services including a nationally recognized heart program, Medical Pavillion for expanded on-campus specialty care, Primary Stroke Center and Advanced Cancer care, and Puget Sound cancer specialists.
- National recognition from the Commission on Cancer, The American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- Cardiac Surgery Program within the top 10 percent of hospitals in the U.S
- Nationally recognized for Quality Achievement in Stroke Care
Silverdale is located on the Kitsap Peninsula, 35 minutes from Tacoma, WA, or just an hour ferry ride to downtown Seattle, WA. You have the opportunity to live at the north tip of the Dyes Inlet on the Pacific Ocean. Just minutes from beaches and parks, this location offers hiking, biking, fishing, boating, sightseeing, and the serenity of the Pacific Northwest with easy access to the city. Enjoy being outdoors year-round without being too far from shopping, professional sports, or a night out in the city.