Medical Director of Advisory Services
A Highly Visible Role in the Hospital
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM)
- Serve as a process improvement leader who can extend Sound’s reach across hospital teams
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team’s support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP – Hospitalist, emergency medicine, or intensivist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.
Location and Lifestyle
St. Mary’s is one of the best hospitals in California and the oldest hospital in San Francisco. As part of the Dignity Health network, St. Mary’s Medical Center is dedicated to delivering high quality, compassionate care and access to San Francisco and nearby communities. The hospital has won numerous awards including an “A” Grade for Patient Safety in 2019 by the Leapfrog Group, has been the recipient of Healthgrades – Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence several years in a row, named Top 10 Percent of Hospitals Nationally for Treatment of Stroke by Healthgrades, and was also awarded Leapfrog Group’s Safety and Quality and Top Teaching Hospital.
San Francisco California, the city by the bay is known for the Golden State Bridge, cable cars, and is the 13th largest city in the US. and is home to a little bit of everything, including diverse culture, professional sports, aquatics, and experience diverse restaurants and dining scene as one of the best in the country. Enjoy many recreational activities including a city rich in culture, theatre and the arts with the Palace of Fine Arts, and an abundance of recreational activities whether spending a day visiting the Mission District, touring the Marina to shopping, dining, and culture in San Francisco’s Chinatown. The Bay City area offers natural beauty, like NorthBeach, scenic hiking trails, vibrant nightlife.