Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Hospitalist Medical Director Opportunity in San Marcos, Texas
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital-San Marcos is a 179-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of complex healthcare services in San Marcos, TX, and neighboring communities. The hospital has maintained an ‘A’ grade for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group. In 2012, the facility made a $2 million investment in a da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery suite, making the hospital the only location on the IH-35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio to offer the cutting-edge technology. The facility also offers a variety of specialty care services.
- Team of 4 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse; APPs work nocturnist shift
- 15 clinical shifts per month
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist on staff (rounding by pulm/CC staff only) and excellent sub-specialty backup; Procedures are not required
- Hospitalists will run codes on their own patients but are not part of the rapid response team
- 17-20 census per provider
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
Location and Lifestyle
San Marcos is located at the heart of the advanced technology corridor linking Austin and San Antonio and offers a high quality of life, with access to a rich array of natural resources, recreational opportunities, and cultural amenities. The spring-fed San Marcos River meanders through the city between park-lined banks. Picnic areas, recreation buildings, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball fields, and one of the nation’s largest wooden playscapes dot the nine city parks. The river is also a focus for swimming, canoeing, tubing, fishing, scuba diving, and snorkeling. While nearby lakes are ideal for sailing, powerboating, and windsurfing. San Marcos’s mild climate lets enthusiasts pursue golf, tennis, cycling, fishing, and other activities throughout the year. Live music, performing arts, and cultural exhibits are also plentiful. Visitors and residents also enjoy annual special events such as Summerfest, Summer in the Park, and Sights & Sounds, a festive display of Christmas lights along the banks of the river in December.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth