Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Hospitalist Medical Director Opportunity in Northwest Virginia
Warren Memorial is a brand new state-of-the-art 180-bed not-for-profit, community hospital including 36 private rooms, 6 observation beds, and a nursing home in Front Royal, Virginia. They perform advanced surgical services, reliable elderly care, diagnostic services, rehabilitation services, and much more with a focus to provide care through all periods of life and health. Warren Memorial received an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for patient safety.
- Established team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Procedures are not required
- No call environment
- Hospitalists respond to RRT and codes
- 15 clinical shifts per month
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact by creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Front Royal is located in the Northwest area of Virginia in Warren County off of Routes 66 and 81. It is a quaint country town surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah Valley, thus providing an abundance of sightseeing and family-friendly outdoor activities. Only 1 hour from DC and Dulles Airport. This location gives you the best of both small-town living and big-town amenities.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth