Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
War Memorial is a non-profit, licensed Critical Access Hospital, providing exceptional care for the residents of Morgan County, West Virginia. It has 25 inpatient beds, 16 long term care beds, and 8 ER beds. War Memorial has been a Valley Health System Hospital since 2010, with a brand-new facility opened in 2012. In 2022, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services awarded War Memorial 5 Stars based on data from quality measures, staffing, and health inspections. The West Virginia Hospital Association awarded War Memorial with a Gold Star in its Commitment to Excellence Honors Program.
- No call environment
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- Open to internal medicine and family medicine trained physicians; Leadership experience required
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
Location and Lifestyle
Located just 2 hours from Washington, D.C. and Pittsburgh, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia is a haven for those looking to escape the chaos of the big city. Known as “America’s First Spa”, Berkeley Springs has endless activities year-round for the entire family, including water sports, skiing, local cafes boutique shopping, year-round festivals, and beautiful hiking trails in the West Virginia mountains you have to see to believe! Southern Living and Trip Advisor both named Berkeley Springs among “20 Charming Mountain Towns to Visit ” and among “America’s Prettiest Small-Town Vacations” respectively. With a cost of living 65% lower than its neighbors in D.C. and Pittsburgh, come relax at home in Berkeley Springs!