Hospitalist Medical Director – Clyde, NC
To prospective Leaders,
I’m the regional medical director for Sound’s hospitalist program at Haywood Regional Medical Center located in Clyde, NC, just south of Asheville. This hospital is affiliated with Duke LifePoint Health System. I have been with Sound for nine years and I am proud of the work we’re doing at this incredible hospital medicine practice.
We seek a visionary leader with a track record of creating highly effective hospitalist teams. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding interpersonal abilities and an ownership mentality. This role provides opportunities for clinical shifts alongside designated administrative hours.
We are passionate about our people, practice, and purpose, and hope you find this information helpful as you consider your options:
- You will lead our collaborative and supportive team of eight physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs). You will have the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- We have been fortunate to have a stable team of full-time clinicians for over five years, with most living in the surrounding area.
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine with 3+ years of hospitalist leadership experience required.
- Our team actively participates with our hospital partners by being involved in multiple medical staff committees including Medical Executive, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Ethics, Medical Case Review, Utilization Review, and Infection Prevention committees to name a few.
- We have provided preceptorship for VCOM medical students as well as other allied health programs, enriching the knowledge and experience of our future while yielding knowledge growth for ourselves.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in an open ICU with assistance from SOC tele-intensivist coverage. While this can be challenging, it is an excellent opportunity for growth in practice.
- For those who like to teach, we work with medical students, APPs, and residents from surrounding area programs.
- We keep open communication among our team and new information is delivered in real time. We meet monthly in addition to our routine touch bases to ensure practice alignment.
- We maintain a steady 7-on / 7-off schedule, with work around rotating holidays bi-annually.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We are a small rural, community hospital. Taking care of patients here is taking care of the community. Much of the time, our patients are family members of hospital staffing or close family friends. We treat every patient like they are our own family members.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is an important component of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Haywood Regional Medical Center is located near Asheville, North Carolina, which has breathtaking views of the Appalachian Mountains. The area boasts affordable living, a high quality of life, and a great school system.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, Cindy Mitchum, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Scott McLavy
Regional Medical Director