Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Washington Hospital Healthcare System (WHHS) is the premier healthcare provider in Fremont and the surrounding communities. Washington Hospital is a 415-bed acute-care hospital with a 28-bed ICU and 23-bed Emergency Room. As the local health care district, WHHS’s mission is to meet the health care needs of the district’s residents through advanced, superior medical services, education, and research.
- Lead a team of 10 Hospitalist physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- Affiliation with UCSF
- Balanced administrative and clinical time; protected administrative time
- No procedures required
- No call environment
- ER runs codes
- Closed ICU
- Competitive compensation package with healthy medical director stipend; relocation allowance and commencement bonus
The ideal candidate is a collaborative thought partner who will help build an elite team to serve a diverse community. Work with high-functioning leaders who will support you in this role and your career growth.
- Internal Medicine required
- Previous leadership experience as Medical Director is required
- Active CA license preferred
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement. As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
Location and Lifestyle
Located on the Eastern shore of San Francisco Bay, Fremont is an ethnically diverse community with a population of around 220,000. The city of Fremont has a high median income making it a very safe and family-friendly environment with a moderate Mediterranean climate, typical of the San Francisco Bay Area near the Santa Cruz Mountains to the west.
- Magnet® status recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is the highest level of recognition that a hospital can achieve for nursing excellence
- 2022 Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Surgical Care and the Surgical Care Excellence Award
- Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery for five years in a row. (2018-2022)
- Healthgrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award for 16 years in a row (2007-2022). In addition, Washington Hospital received a Five-Star Designation for Total Hip Replacement for the 19th year in a row (2004-2022), and Total Knee Replacement for the 17th year in a row. (2006-2022)
- 2022 Five-Star Distinction in Hip Fracture Treatment and Back Surgery
- 2020 Five-Star Rating for Cranial Neurosurgery.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 11 years in a row. (2012-2022)
- 2018 Healthgrades’ America’s 100 Best Hospitals’ Award
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report high-performance ratings for congestive heart failure, COPD, hip replacement, and knee replacement, which has led to a number 5 ranking in the San Francisco Metro Area and number 32 in California