Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
- 49 – bed not for profit hospital
- Established team with 2 physicians and 2 nurse practitioners
- Procedures are required; ER responds to codes
- Open ICU; will run rapids on your patients
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Named the “HUB” city, Lubbock’s growing economy, housing options, educational opportunities, and recreational amenities make it one of the most livable cities in Texas! Lubbock is a bustling metropolis with great music, shopping and dining, Big 12 Conference sports, a vibrant arts community, and acclaimed medical facilities, Lubbock blends small-town charm with west Texas warmth and hospitality.
- Academic city offering programs with Texas Tech locally in Plainview, Amarillo, and Lubbock
- Live and play in Lubbock with short commute times
- No state tax; below-average cost of living
- Quick access to DFW, Houston, and San Antonio
- Relatively dry climate; summer days are warm to hot with low humidity with pleasant evening; enjoy an average of 245 day
- U.S. News & World Report has released the 2021-2022 Best Hospital Rankings and named Covenant Medical Center (CMC) the Best Regional Hospital in the Northwestern Texas Region. CMC is listed as the 18th best hospital in Texas
- For the second year in a row, U.S. News ranked Covenant Medical Center (CMC) as a Best Hospital
- U.S. News publishes the rankings to help patients decide where to best receive quality care across the country
- CMC ranked as the Best Hospital in the Panhandle Plains region
- CMC ranked as one of the top 12 hospitals in the entire State of Texas
- CMC is the only hospital to receive the “Best Hospital ranking in Lubbock and the South Plains region”
- CMC also received a special designation as High Performing1 in five procedures
- Healthgrades also awarded Covenant Medical Center with the most five-star ratings of any hospital in Lubbock and the region