Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Minden Medical Center serves a population of over 70,000 residents in Webster, Claiborne, Bienville Parishes, and the surrounding area. The hospital offers 24/7 emergency care, general surgery, nephrology, cardiopulmonary, orthopedic & sports medicine, otolaryngology, radiology, and obstetrics and gynecological services.
- 241-bed non-profit hospital
- Closed ICU
- Intensivist run codes
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine and ACLS/BLS required
- Prior medical director experience preferred or 2+ years of hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
What Matters to You
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Alexandria, Louisiana on the south bank of the Red River in almost the exact geographical center of the state. As Alexandria is on the cusp of the Cajun culture’s northern reach, the city recognizes Mardi Gras as an official holiday. The annual Mardi Gras Krewes Parade is a major cultural festivity in the area. Recognized as a truly family-oriented event, parade-goers can enjoy more than 20 New Orleans-style flats, marching bands, classic cars, and local celebrities. Alexandria continues to recognize its rich cultural history through other local festivals, including the annual Jazz on the River festival, which features Cajun, zydeco, blues, and jazz music, and the annual Central Louisiana Celebration, or “Cenlabration,” which features local musicians and craftsmen, carnival rides and a large fireworks display. With a rich cultural history and strong regional flavor and a wide variety of activities and festivals to enjoy, Alexandria makes for an ideal place to live and work.
- 2021 American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Failure, and Cath Lab with PCI certifications
- 2021 US Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR
- 2019 “Top 10% in the Nation for Rehabilitation Services” by (UDS) Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation
- 2019 America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery/ Women’s Choice Award
- 2019 America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care/ Women’s Choice Award
- 2018 “Top Performing Hospital” Oncology Clinical Outcomes
- 2018 Received “Innovation Network’s Top Performing Hospital” award by Health Insights Organization