The Team – The Hospital
St. James Healthcare is a 100-bed Level III Trauma center and one of Montana’s largest comprehensive hospitals, serving the healthcare needs of people throughout a seven-county region. St. James Healthcare has played an important role in the history of Butte, Montana. Founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, St. James has been known for generations for its mission of compassionate care and service to the poor. Today, that commitment is accompanied by St. James’ reputation as a technological leader in Montana’s healthcare industry and the largest acute-care hospital in southwest Montana. St. James is part of SCL Health, a nonprofit faith-based health system with 9 hospitals in three states.
- Established team of 6 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- ER runs codes
- No call
- Co-managed open ICU
- 7on/7off; everyone rotates equally through the nights
- No procedures are required but physicians should be comfortable with basic vent management
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location and Lifestyle
BIG, BOLD skies, and outdoor recreation. The only place to live when you love the outdoors. Located right on the western edge of the Continental Divide (and midway between two national parks), quality of life and balance are realities in this SW Montana town. Benefit from enough blocked time off to enjoy the surrounding mountainous area and close-by opportunities to hike, climb, ski, bike, golf, fish, float, boat or just relax in the abundant natural hot springs.