Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Provider-specific performance feedback
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Ascension Borgess Medical Center is a 330-bed, non-profit, level II trauma center and comprehensive stroke center and is in the top 5 percent of U.S. hospitals, according to Healthgrades. They deliver specialty care including advanced heart care, cancer care, orthopedics, neurosciences, women’s health, and pediatric care. Borgess Medical Center is regionally ranked #13 in Michigan and recognized in Southwestern MI as High Performing in 8 procedures/conditions through US News.
- Team of 16 physicians, 6 full-time advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Closed, 30-bed ICU; No procedures required
- Rapid response team under critical care handles RRTs and codes
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred with 3 years hospitalist experience and career aspirations to lead a team
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
The city of Kalamazoo is in the southwest region of Michigan along the bank of a major bend in the Kalamazoo River and the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city was once the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who had migrated to the area sometime before the first millennium. There is still evidence of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is also home to the start of the Gibson Guitar Corporation, which produces some of the world’s finest quality guitars to this day. Western Michigan University resides within Kalamazoo, Michigan along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo is largely due to its college town atmosphere and has become an area for the arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held annually.