Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day.
- Commitment to our front-line providers
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Provider-specific performance feedback
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sutter Amador Hospital has a rich history of providing care for residents of Amador County that dates back as far as 1876. Today, the community-based, not-for-profit hospital has 52 licensed beds and is the only hospital in Amador County serving a population of more than 40,000. Sutter Amador has received many awards and recognitions and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations as well as being ranked one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2019 for the third year in a row.
- 6 physician team
- Multispecialty back up support
- Open ICU; E-ICU coverage at night
- No procedures required but should be comfortable with vent management
- Schedule is 7 on, 7 off
- Board certification in internal medicine required
- Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred or 2-3 years hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Jackson, California in Amador County 45 miles southeast of downtown Sacramento in the part of California known as the Mother Lode, or Gold Country. At 2,000 feet elevation, this area is above the Central Valley heat in the summer. In the winter, it is below the snow line and above the Central Valley fog line ensuring over 328 days of beautiful sunshine and a mild climate year-round! Nestled within the rolling hills of the Sierra Nevada Foothills in Amador County, the area has a rich history of days gone by. Local wineries, Ranches, Antique shops in addition to Outdoor Activities – camping, fishing, picnicking, ATV riding, backpacking, hiking, lake kayaking, horseback riding, whitewater kayaking, birding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, rock climbing, etc. have helped Jackson CA successfully blended the old and the new. Experience the serenity and friendliness of small-town charm while enjoying the wide-open spaces. Water bodies in the county include Lake Amador, Lake Camanche, Pardee Reservoir, Bear River Reservoir, Silver Lake, Sutter Creek, Cosumnes River, Mokelumne River, and Tabeaud Lake. To cap it all, the Jewel of the Sierras, Lake Tahoe is only one hour away! Exceptional new development housing in Jackson, Sunny Brook, Sutter Creek, Rancho Murieta, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Placerville and other nearby and affordable living in the area make this an excellent place to practice!