Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
St. Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital’s current facility was built in 2011 but its mission to serve dates back to 1918. The staff is like family, and they are happy to serve Bourbon, Bath, Menifee, Clark, Montgomery, Nicholas, Powell, and Rowan counties.
- 40-bed, community hospital
- Established team of 2 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalists run codes during the day (ER responsible at night)
- Open, 4-bed ICU; Procedure experience required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required; 2+ years of prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Located just 45 minutes east of Lexington, KY, Mount Sterling is a tight-knit community of approximately 7,000 people. It is home to Saint Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital and is the county seat for Montgomery County. In the quaint downtown district of Mt. Sterling, KY you will find Gateway Regional Arts Center, The Montgomery County History Museum, and many unique shopping and dining experiences. And if you have a sweet tooth after dinner, you will also find Ruth Hunt Candy Factory in Mount Sterling, KY! It is home to their famous “Blue Monday” pulled cream candy bars, the Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls, and many other creations. Mount Sterling is not only a great place to visit but is the perfect, charming hometown to raise a family.