Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
ICU Medical Director opportunity in Springfield, OR, just 4 miles from downtown Eugene, OR!
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a 351-bed state-of-the-art regional medical center and level II trauma center. Our tertiary care center has a full array of subspecialties including Neurosurgery, Heart & Vascular Institute, Robotic Surgery, and the only pediatric surgery hospital outside of the Portland area.
- 3 intensivists & 2 APP’s 7a-7p with 2 intensivists 7p-7a
- 48 bed ICU program with medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiac patients
- EMR: Epic
- Active neuro services including stroke and neurointensive programs; Robust cardiac program with LVAD
- Awarded an “A” for Hospital Safety by Leapfrog Group
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Board certification in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the south end of the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and beside the scenic Willamette & McKenzie Rivers, Springfield is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running, & water sports opportunities abound. Skiing opportunities are just an hour away and the ocean is a little over an hour to the West. Together with Eugene, Springfield forms OR’s second-largest metro area with a population of over 350,000. Eugene is also home to the University of Oregon where you can see Olympic and collegiate sporting events. The Hult Center for the Performing Arts offers jazz, opera, ballet, & The Eugene Symphony and Choir as well as various traveling performances. Downtown Springfield offers ample opportunities for dining, arts, culture, & shopping. Springfield/Eugene has a regional airport with daily flights across the country!