Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
The Team – The Hospital
WVU Berkeley Medical Center is a growing non-profit teaching hospital located in Martinsburg, WV, just over an hour from Washington, DC, and Baltimore. As part of the West Virginia University Healthcare family, Berkeley Medical Center is home to the WVU Heart and Vascular Institute, WVU Medicine Neurology and Neurosciences, and the WVU Cancer Institute and is Joint Commission Certified as a Primary Stroke Center.
Berkeley Medical Center boasts numerous awards for its excellence in patient care in various departments throughout the facility. BMC has received distinctions and awards for its cardiovascular, radiological, oncological, orthopedic, and pulmonary rehabilitation services to name a few. Additionally Berkley Medical Center has won numerous awards for patient and hospital safety.
- Level III Trauma Center
- 20 bed ICU
- Intensivist 7a-7p (day shifts only). Hospitalists supplemented with teleICU Physicians cover the ICU overnight
- EMR: EPIC
- Excellent subspecialty support and collegial medical staff as well as the hospitalist team, which is led by Sound
- Teaching Hospital: Family Medicine residents & fourth year medical students do ICU rotations at BMC
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
This facility offers a cutting-edge integrated care program with Sound managing the hospitalist and critical care services. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between the critical care and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs and improve clinical performance and patient experience.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Martinsburg is known as the “Gateway to the Shenandoah Valley” offering breathtaking views of West Virginia’s beautiful mountains and unlimited opportunities for outdoor recreational activities including hiking, camping, fishing, and water sports. Martinsburg is a growing community with a low cost of living that offers the serenity of a small town coupled with its close proximity to the large metropolitan cities of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD.