The Team – The Hospital
We are excited to announce our newest partnership in Richmond with Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center, our third critical care program in the Richmond area. Part of the larger Bon Secours Mercy Health family, one of the largest health systems in the country, Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center has been serving the community of Midlothian since 2005. With 130 private patient rooms and 16 ICU beds, St. Francis Medical Center offers a full range of medical services in a state-of-the-art facility that offers the latest in digital technology.
- 130-bed community hospital
- 3 physician team with 3 critical care advanced practice providers
- 16-bed ICU – medical and surgical patients
- Schedule: Day Shift; Modified Block Coverage
- Part-time option available
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 3+ years of experience
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Location & Lifestyle
Situated just a few miles west of Richmond, Midlothian is part of the Western Richmond suburbs and is a welcoming historic community offering endless outdoor recreation, suburban comforts, and accessibility to all things RVA. Richmond, Virginia is one of the country’s fastest-growing communities and offers residents the convenience and culture of a metropolitan lifestyle as well as endless recreational options. The James River is one of Richmond’s most unique attractions and boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands with an idyllic riverfront that lends to the ultimate outdoor lifestyle. Richmond is home to many unique cultural centers that offer something special for everyone. Outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, craft breweries, wine bars, and endless shopping choices are dotted throughout the region. Foodies are drawn to Richmond for the diverse and artistically designed restaurants that are spread throughout the city and outlying communities. Simply put, Richmond has it all!