Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
The Team – The Hospital
We have a full-time opportunity to join our intensivist program in Austin, TX within the St David’s Health System. We are one team providing care to 4 ICUs in the Austin, North Austin, and Round Rock areas.
- 7 on / 7 off schedule with 12-hour day shifts and minimal night call from home
- Variety of ICU populations including medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiac
- Established teams in multiple hospital locations within the St. David’s system
- Teaching opportunities available
St David’s Round Rock, North Austin, and Main were each recognized with the 2021 Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for their commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines. Also, St. David’s Medical Center is one of only two hospitals in the state to receive straight “A” ratings since The Leapfrog Group launched the Hospital Safety Score™ initiative.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be BC or BE in critical care medicine and be able to obtain a Texas license
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Named the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin has a plethora of music venues and local bands to entertain endless crowds. The metro area is home to banner music festivals like Austin City Limits, a two-weekend-long fall event featuring major headliners and lesser-known acts, as well as South by Southwest. Those who are looking for a great dining experience will enjoy Austin’s bustling culinary scene, featuring an endless array of BBQ and food trucks, as well as fine dining restaurants. Outdoor amenities are endless – spend the day on Town Lake, or cool off Located inside off at Barton Springs is a natural pool fed by underwater springs.