Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital, a member of the Montefiore family, is a not-for-profit community hospital serving the Hudson Valley region of Upstate New York. Proudly employing more than 1500 employees, Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall utilizes state-of-the-art treatment in their modern facilities including comprehensive cardiac, stroke, cancer, orthopedic, and a full complement of sub-specialty services.
- 242-bed community hospital
- 22-bed ICU with established 4 physician intensivist team
- Modified block schedule
- Part-time option available
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall is the proud recipient of many national awards, consistently being recognized for their work in quality by The Joint Commission and Healthgrades. MSLC’s dedication to stroke care and awareness has allowed them to earn the Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association year after year.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Must be board certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Home to Mount Saint Mary College, the city of Newburgh is located on the Hudson River, 60 miles north of New York City, on the western side of the Hudson River in Orange County, New York. Newburgh has a growing arts community and the largest historic district in the state and features beautifully designed planned neighborhoods like Washington Heights and Colonial Terraces. Quick access to the city via train is available and offers a picturesque commute to the city.