Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
We are looking for an Intensivist to join our critical care program in Tucson, AZ! We are one team covering three ICUs at Carondelet St Joseph’s and Carondelet St Mary’s hospitals. This is an excellent opportunity to care for advanced cardiac patients, as well as complex neuroscience patients, with a cohesive team of superb board-certified intensivists.
With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine teams are imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs and improve clinical performance and patient experience.
St. Joseph’s is a level I trauma center and is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute and St Mary’s is home to the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute, providing state-of-the-art cardiovascular care.
- St Joseph’s: 32-bed medical/surgical ICU & 12-bed Neurocritical Care Unit
- St Mary’s: 36-bed mixed ICU with medical, surgical, and cardiac patients
- TandemHeart program at St Mary’s; Excellent team of structural interventional cardiologists
- Medical Students and ACNP students do rotations with us in ICU
- Schedule – 7 on / 7 off with 12-hour day and night shifts
- Robust subspecialty backup – Sound manages the hospitalist and emergency medicine services as well
- Above market hourly compensation + wRVU bonus
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Active Arizona license; ENLS and board certification in critical care medicine required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is home to roughly 1 million people, the second-largest city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts. Our community may be the best-kept secret in the Southwest – join us!
- 360 days of annual sunshine with an average temperature of 83′ F
- Phenomenal Schools – Tucson has three high schools that were listed in the Top 50 High Schools in the USA by S. News & World Report
- Tucson is among the hottest housing markets for 2021. The average home cost is 21% less than the average home cost in Phoenix.
- Year-round recreational activities include rock-climbing, snow-skiing, camping, hiking, and bicycling across the area’s 800+ miles of biking paths.
- Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums.
- Excellent culinary culture and scene – Tucson is the only U.S. city designated as a “City of Gastronomy” by UNESCO