Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
The Team – The Hospital
SSM St. Mary’s Hospital St. Louis, a 527-bed level II trauma center, teaching hospital and certified stroke center, in Richmond Heights and is part of the SSM Health system providing the highest quality patient care to the greater St. Louis area and beyond. Our intensivists are proud to work with internal medicine residents from Saint Louis University School of Medicine as they rotate through the Intensivist Care Unit.
- Established 6 physician team
- 24-bed mixed ICU with medical, surgical, and cardiac patients
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Fellows are encouraged to apply
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis is located in the metro St. Louis area and is a two-time winner of the Premier Award for Quality. A Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, SSM St. Mary’s specializes in high-risk pregnancy care and fetal surgery.
We also operate as a teaching hospital, offering an independent, accredited internal medicine residency program. We serve as the primary location for St. Louis University School of Medicine’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and its Family Practice Residency programs.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
The hospital has been at home in the trendy Richmond Heights community of St. Louis for more than 100 years and is located in the metro St. Louis area. St. Louis is home to more than two million residents and offers endless residential options. Home to major league sports teams and numerous cultural centers, St. Louis has something for everyone.