Hospitalist or Nocturnist – Gary, IN
To prospective teammates,
As the medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine program at Methodist Northlake Campus in Gary, Indiana, I have been a team member for three years. I’m excited to welcome interest from physicians and APPs coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are an established, close-knit group of six physicians and two advanced practice providers dedicated to delivering top-quality care by working closely with other hospital staff and departments, focused on the well-being of our patients.
- Our diverse team hails from various geographical locations, backgrounds, and cultures, promoting collaboration and mutual support to ensure exceptional care for everyone. We unite to support and help one another.
- Count on our clinical performance nurse to assist you in providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- Supported by our strong executive team, we are empowered and encouraged to provide outstanding care to our community.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- Welcoming the challenge of complex cases, our team works in an open ICU with 24/7 intensivist coverage. Patients entering the hospital are assigned to the hospitalist service, where we collaborate with specialists to determine the best care path for each patient.
- With onsite intensivists during the day and on-call at night, we ensure comprehensive care for our patients.
- Our hospitalists do not perform procedures, but we do run codes and rapids.
- Covering approximately 100 beds, our physicians work 12-hour shifts. We offer 7 on/off schedules but can be flexible as well.
- We use Epic as our EMR system, and you’d be cross-credentialed at our sister location in Merrillville.
- Our census is generally 15-18 patients per provider, with occasional fluctuations. We rotate admissions and support each other as a team.
- Engaging in monthly team meetings and daily huddles, ensuring consistent communication for the best patient care
- We seek a strong clinician with integrity interested in supporting the community of Gary. We handle critical patient care, serving a community that highly values and appreciates its medical providers.
- Our compensation package is competitive, offering additional income through productivity and quality incentive bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- As a community-minded team, we encourage contributions both within and outside the hospital to foster a thriving local community.
Gary, Indiana, offers affordable housing and convenient access to recreational activities due to its proximity to Lake Michigan. Its historical significance as the birthplace of the Jackson 5 and closeness to Chicago are appealing. Moreover, being just 30 minutes from the Chicago Loop, it’s easily commutable from the Chicago area. It attracts clinicians who choose to live in Munster or Hammond, IN, benefiting from excellent living costs while remaining close to the hospital and Chicago.
To learn more, please contact my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Jonelle Sweetner, Medical Director