Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Rocky Mount, NC
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for UNC NASH located in Rocky Mount, NC. I have been a part of Sound Medical Group for 6 years. I’m proud of the hospitalist practice we have built and welcome interest from physicians and APP’s coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 18 physicians and 6 advanced practice providers, with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- We are very stable team. We are steadily expanding and looking to add more providers to our team.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure smooth transition of care. Our providers serve on various committees. We are also part of teams working on reducing the HAIs.
- Rocky Mount is a community rich in culture and natural beauty. We are two hours away from beach and three hours away from mountains.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a semi-open ICU with intensivist coverage during the day and E-ICU coverage at night. our team is not expected to do procedures.
- Our hospitalist team is part of the code team, and we’re all certified in basic life support, advanced cardiovascular life support.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or in the outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr.George Kasarala MD