Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
Coliseum Northside Hospital is a 103-bed community-based for-profit hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery, and gastric reflux disease that is owned and operated by Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA). Coliseum Northside operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center.
- Established team with 3 physicians, 3advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No procedures required
- Open 12 bed ICU, hospitalists manage ICU with tele-ICU support
- No procedures (Anes & EM do procedures)
- Hospitalists run codes and rapid response
- Dedicated day position, no call
- 7 on/7 off block schedule; 7 AM – 7 PM
- Two years of hospitalist experience preferred
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Conveniently located only 80 miles south of downtown Atlanta, Macon, Georgia has a rich history, incredible architecture, stunning Southern charm, and a soulful musical heritage. Walk or bike at the Amerson River Park on the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail. Lake Tobesofkee where you can play in the sand, boat, or picnic. Direct interstate access to an International airport without the hassle of Atlanta traffic! Live in a mid-size city, yet access the Atlanta airport in an hour! And, if you are looking for major league sports or cultural events, you’ll find them all in nearby Atlanta.
- Joint Commission, Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission, Total Hip Replacement
- Joint Commission, Total Knee Replacement
- American College of Surgeons, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation