Through People, We Make a Difference
St. Bernardine Medical Center, founded in 1931, has grown from a small hospital to a highly regarded 342-bed nonprofit acute-care hospital. As one of the largest hospitals in the Inland Empire, St. Bernardine’s is focused on delivering compassionate, quality care of body, mind, and spirit by offering a full continuum of services, from family care to the most advanced heart surgery. Annually St. Bernardine’s treats an average of 70,500 patients in the Emergency Department, delivers over 2,100 babies, performs over 700 open-heart surgeries, and admits more than 17,000 patients for treatment.
- Established team with 22 physicians and two clinical performance nurses
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- No procedures required
- Salary range: $260K-$293k; dependent upon experience
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Awards and Recognitions:
- Healthgrades Quality Recognitions: America’s 100 Best for Spine Surgery – 2019
- Healthgrades Excellence Awards, Cranial Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery – 2017 and 2019
- Healthgrades 5-Star Recipient, Back Surgery, Cranial Neurosurgery, Hip Fracture Treatment Spinal Fusion Surgery – 2019
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location and Lifestyle
San Bernardino is conveniently located in the heart of Southern California with close proximity to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Orange County. Residents enjoy nearly year-round sunshine and pride themselves on being known as “the friendly city” where hospitality and value come first. San Bernardino is a growing urban community offering affordable living costs and an array of outdoor experiences with the backdrop of four seasons, local shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.