Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
St. Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital’s current facility was built in 2011 but its mission to serve dates back to 1918. The staff is like family, and they are happy to serve Bourbon, Bath, Menifee, Clark, Montgomery, Nicholas, Powell, and Rowan counties.
- 40-bed, community hospital
- Established team of 2 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalists run codes during the day (ER responsible at night)
- Open, 4-bed ICU; Procedure experience required
- Open to BC/BE internal medicine or family medicine trained physicians
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 45 minutes east of Lexington, KY, Mount Sterling is a tight-knit community of approximately 7,000 people. It is home to Saint Joseph Mount Sterling Hospital and is the county seat for Montgomery County. In the quaint downtown district of Mt. Sterling, KY you will find Gateway Regional Arts Center, The Montgomery County History Museum, and many unique shopping and dining experiences. And if you have a sweet tooth after dinner, you will also find Ruth Hunt Candy Factory in Mount Sterling, KY! It is home to their famous “Blue Monday” pulled cream candy bars, the Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls, and many other creations. Mount Sterling is not only a great place to visit but is the perfect, charming hometown to raise a family.