Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Flaget Memorial Hospital is a 52-bed hospital serving patients from Hardin, Marion, Washington, Spencer, Bullitt, and LaRue counties and is a member of KentuckyOne Health, a top health system in Bardstown, KY. The hospital opened in 2005 and is located in a park-like setting with all private rooms for a healing environment. Flaget Memorial Hospital has been nationally recognized for its award-winning orthopedic care, surgical care, and inpatient satisfaction.
- Established team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Open ICU-4 beds (all trauma sent to Louisville)
- Required procedures: central lines, intubations, and vent management (additional training available if needed)
- Hospitalists attend codes on their own patients
- No call environment
- Open to internal medicine trained and unopposed family medicine trained physicians; Residents welcome to apply!
- J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Bardstown, a haven for the historian and traveler, is in the heart of Nelson County, located 30 miles south of Louisville. With its small friendly community and a population of just over 14,000, anyone can visit its many attractions within just a short walk of downtown. Located in the heart of the Bluegrass State, Bardstown offers the ultimate getaway with an atmosphere that seems to be magical, one can easily understand why Rand McNally and USA Today declared Bardstown in the Top 100 Most Beautiful Small Towns in America.
Bardstown also boasts the title of “Bourbon Capital of the World.” There are two bourbon distilleries in town Heaven Hill and Barton Brands. Several other distilleries are within a short drive. The well-known Maker’s Mark distillery is nestled in the hills and valleys of Loretto, just outside town. The world-famous Jim Beam distillery is also very near and is a must-see for visitors to the Bardstown area.