Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
McLaren Port Huron is a 186-bed, non-profit, level III trauma center and community hospital, located in Port Huron, Michigan. The hospital provides many specialties to the patients being treated including cardiovascular care, cancer services, orthopedic care, and general, bariatric, and robotic-assisted surgeries and has been recognized as a High Performing Hospital for 2021-22 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Team of 5 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- 18-bed, open ICU with 24/7 intensivist coverage – Hospitalists required to do vent management and CL’s at night
- Hospitalists run codes for all hospital patients
- BC/BE in internal medicine or family medicine with 2 years of hospitalist experience required
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Port Huron is located in the heart of Michigan’s Blue Water area. On the banks of Lake Huron, this area is home to more than 70,000 and is within an hour of Metro Detroit, and within three hours of Toronto, Ontario. The Blue Water area’s sandy beaches offer endless recreational activities including sailing, fishing, swimming, and viewing international freighter traffic. Port Huron is the home of the Silver Stick Hockey Tournament and the Port Huron Prowlers professional FHL hockey team. Support of the arts and culture in our community has made Port Huron one of Michigan’s “Cool Cities”. Port Huron is strong academically and area schools have performing arts centers and many state-wide recognized sports programs. Local colleges offer a wide variety of two-and four-year degrees. Annual events in our city are Summer Fest, the Port Huron to Mackinac Sailboat Race, and the St. Clair County 4-H Fair.