Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians is a physician-founded and led hospital medicine practice that started in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. We believe this starts by offering a better career model designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Rust Medical Center (RMC) is a full-service, state-of-the-art hospital designed to provide safe, patient-centered, operationally efficient, environmentally friendly, and technologically innovative care to residents of Rio Rancho. Presbyterian Hospital again named Best Regional Hospital In 2019, Presbyterian Hospital* was again the only hospital in New Mexico to be named a best regional hospital by U.S. News & World Report and was also recognized for high performance in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and heart failure, as well as for knee and hip replacements. Presbyterian Hospital* was recently recognized by Healthgrades® as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for stroke, critical and pulmonary care in 2019. Presbyterian is the only hospital in New Mexico to receive these four distinctions.
- 92-bed community hospital that is part of the Presbyterian Health Care System
- Established team with 27 physicians and two clinical performance nurses
- Hospitalists respond to codes for their respective patients
- Closed 10 bed ICU
- Occasional bedside procedures are required to help support the ICU and IR teams; In house pulmonary and critical care physicians are available for support
- Procedures preferred
- H1B and J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Rio Rancho sits in close proximity to Albuquerque and Santa Fe which offers you the best of both worlds. Sound Physicians offers excellent compensation and a high-tech team-oriented environment where a multidisciplinary approach to quality healthcare is embraced.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico is the third-largest fastest growing city and economic hub of Sandoval County
- Nestled at 5,290 feet above sea level, Rio Rancho offers a mild, high desert climate that is perfect for year-round sporting events, scenic tours, and outdoor adventures
- Convenient and affordable access to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and a variety of landscapes
- Voted 3 years as Money Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Live”
- Access to skiing, golfing, hiking, biking, and hot air ballooning are just a few of the choices for outdoor activities
Awards and Accolades
In 2019, Presbyterian Hospital was the only hospital in New Mexico to be named the best regional hospital by U.S. News & World Report and was also recognized for high performance in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and heart failure, as well as for knee and hip replacements.
Presbyterian Rust Medical Center was named a top performer for quality and patient safety at the annual meeting of the New Mexico Hospital Association, based on the most recent 12 months in the Hospital Improvement Innovation Network, a program funded by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. Presbyterian Rust Medical Center was named one of the top five general acute care hospitals.
Presbyterian Hospital was recently recognized by Healthgrades® as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for stroke, critical and pulmonary care in 2019. Presbyterian is the only hospital in New Mexico to receive these four distinctions.