Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Crossroads Community Hospital serves the residents of Jefferson County and surrounding communities with routine, surgical, and emergency care, as well as diagnostic services. The hospital has also been accredited by The Joint Commission.
- 47-bed, community hospital
- Team of 2 physicians
- No call environment
- Hospitalists do run codes
- Co-managed ICU; No procedures required
- Open to BC/BE internal medicine or family medicine trained physicians
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Mt. Vernon, IL is located in the heart of the Southern Illinois Region, just an hour East of St. Louis. Mt. Vernon is close enough to visit St. Louis, Chicago, or Indianapolis for the day. There are several lakes and parks nearby for camping, hiking, hunting, or outdoor activities. With all of the amenities of a major city, but with the calm pace of suburban America. Restaurants range from standard fast-food chains to Rare Chophouse, a high-end steak restaurant with regional appeal and an award-winning wine list. The region of Southern Illinois has a population of about 186,000 including a number of excellent school districts, a variety of terrific neighborhoods, and tremendous outdoor venues.