Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Our Chief Hospitalist won the “Outstanding Physician Leadership Quality Award” for all of the Southern California Adventist Health Region. He is one of the top doctors amongst five Adventist hospitals. Adventist Health Bakersfield recently received the “Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence” from HealthGrades for the third year in a row and Leapfrog, a healthcare rating organization, has named Adventist Health Bakersfield one of only 35 hospitals in the United States and six in California to receive its Top Hospital Award! The CEO recognized that this was, in large part, due to the excellent care that our team has been providing since we started the program. This award places Adventist Health Bakersfield in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation.
- 255-bed acute care community hospital
- 20 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call
- Co-managed semi-closed ICU
- IM or FM trained hospitalist with experience
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
- Manageable workloads, attractive schedules & the benefits of our workflow and informatics platform SoundConnect™, designed by leading hospitalists with clinical processes to improve outcomes
Location & Lifestyle
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. This is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to affordability and low cost of living while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities, and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting. Furthermore enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting.