Through People, We Make a Difference
Our Medical Director won the “Outstanding Physician Leadership Quality Award” for all of the Southern California Adventist Health Region. He is one of the top doctors in five Adventist hospitals. Adventist Health Bakersfield recently received the “Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence” from HealthGrades for the third year in a row and Leapfrog, a healthcare rating organization, has named Adventist Health Bakersfield one of only 35 hospitals in the United States and six in California to receive its Top Hospital Award! The CEO recognized that this was, in large part, due to the excellent care that our team has been providing since we started the program. This award places Adventist Health Bakersfield in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation.
- 255-bed acute care community hospital
- 20 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Co-managed semi-closed ICU
- No call
- Internal medicine or family medicine trained hospitalist with experience
- Compensation Range: $330k-$370k based on # of nights physician rotates through
Location & Lifestyle
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. This is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to affordability and low cost of living while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities, and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore, enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, and white water rafting.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.