Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Munson Medical Center is a teaching facility and provider of clinical instruction to medical students and family medicine residents. This award-winning facility is the only verified Level II Trauma Center north of Grand Rapids and is the regional referral center for all of northern Michigan.
- 442-bed, tertiary care, not for profit hospital; Teaching facility for medical students and FM residents
- Team of 29 physicians, 18 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Comanaged ICU with intensivists on staff; Procedures not required
- Codes ran by hospitalist team; No call environment
- Flexible scheduling
- BC/BE IM or FM with 1+ years hospitalist experience
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located on Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City is the economic and cultural hub of northern lower Michigan. It has a national reputation as one of the most desirable communities in which to live and work. Four seasons of outdoor recreation from boating, biking, golfing to skiing. Numerous festivals including the National Cherry Festival. There is extensive culture and arts with the world-renowned Interlochen Center for the Arts, Dennos Art Museum, Art galleries, and art festivals. It is also an award-winning food and wine destination.