Through People, We Make a Difference
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital is a 476-bed regional hospital in Canton, Ohio. There are over 620 medical staff members proudly serving the needs of Stark County since 1908. Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital maintains its Catholic identity through sponsorship by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine. Mercy Hospital was awarded an ‘A’ from The Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2020 Hospital Safety Grade.
- Team of 15 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Residents and hospitalist will run codes
- No call environment
- Co-managed ICU – Intensivists on staff; Hospitalist will predominately coordinate care, and manage underlying health issues
- Procedures not required
- Open to internal medicine trained physicians; Residents welcome to apply
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Canton, Ohio, located less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, Ohio, is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the National First Ladies’ Historic Site, and many other cultural and historic landmarks. The greater Stark County area also offers several school districts rated excellent by the Ohio Department of Education and exceptional colleges and universities, including the University of Mount Union, Malone University, Walsh University, Kent State University at Stark, and Stark State College. You’ll also find easy access to excellent schools and a low cost of living, coupled with outstanding restaurants, farmers’ markets, shopping, and entertainment venues. And don’t forget to check out the numerous cultural and performing arts events – from orchestras and theatres to museums and art galleries.